Quality Assurance Manager| $40-50k
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am 5:00 pm, occasional weekends
TransAgra International Inc is hiring for a Quality Assurance Manager at our home office in Storm Lake, IA! The Quality Assurance Manager works to ensure overall safety and quality of products are met through development, implementation, and maintenance of an animal food safety plan. The Quality Assurance Manager will also be responsible for Safe Feed-Safe Food (SF/SF) and the Quality and Safety System for Specialty Feed Ingredients and their Mixtures (FAMI-QS). The perfect candidate will be a self-starter, detailed oriented and have great communication skills.
- Monitor and document areas pertaining to the companies SOPs, SDS, COAS quality systems
- Develop and implement animal food safety plans and update technical documents such as COAS, SDS, SOPS.
- Monitoring the fermentation process, including documentation of readings and inspection per requirements
- Perform various QA tests, inspect ingredients and finished products
- Ensure compliance with FDA and various state departments of agriculture are met
- Review all documentation of food safety and quality checks to ensure SOP requirements are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Food Science, Agriculture and or/related field or experience.
- Experience in laboratory and manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, occasionally
- Knowledge in HACCP and Food Safety
- Training or certification in FSMA PCQI, HACCP and Internal Adulteration Prevention required.
- Fire Safety, Forklift Safety and Hearing Protection certifications preferred, but not required
- OSHA experience/familiarity
- Ability to wear respirator
Benefits & Pay:
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Group Health Insurance and Group Life Insurance
- Simple IRA company sponsored retirement plan
This is a great opportunity to work with a small local company that offers great benefits to their employees! For more information, please call TransAgra International Inc at (712) 732-2241 or email Lisa at email@example.com.
TransAgra International Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.