Storm Lake, Storm Lake, Iowa, United States of America Req #332
Wednesday, October 26, 2022
The primary mission of Hope Haven is to unleash the potential in people. We believe in this mission not only for the children, adults, and families we serve, but also in the teams we build and the individuals we hire. As a member of the Hope Haven team, you will be surrounded by a community that empowers, encourages, and equips every person to live to the height of their strengths and abilities. And that includes you.
If you want to help “unleash the potential in people”, Hope Haven is the place for you. Hope Haven offers a comprehensive benefits package including: major medical insurance, supplemental insurance, paid holidays and vacation, retirement plan, and skill advancement programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating in-facility and out of facility recreational activities.
- Go into the community with the individuals served on the Recreational Activity and be counted in the staff-to-client ratio.
- Ability to pass medications for out of facility activities and during in facility DSP duties according to the Certified Medication Aide (CMA) certification.
- Ensure the appropriate degree of involvement in recreation and community-based activities and opportunities for each person served in the ICF/ID program.
- Work directly with individuals served in the ICF/ID program to develop recreation/leisure skills as deemed necessary.
- Work directly with staff in the ICF/ID program to develop and supply the necessary materials to implement recreation leisure activities.
- Serve as a member of committees as assigned by the ICF/ID Manager.
- Arrange and/or assist in transportation needs related to recreation/leisure services community outings.
- Responsible for training staff in procedures related to recreation/leisure activities.
- Directly supervise and participate in the organization’s recreation activities on-campus and outings off-campus.
- Develop, supervise and participate in expanded summer recreation activities such as overnight outings, camps, day camp and out-of-town trips and any other recreational activities provided by community organizers.
- Coordinate and execute the recreational outing to include monetary needs (trip expense and individual’s funds), transportation, medication, staff patterns, meals/snacks and safety measures. Communicate the details to all those involved through written and/or verbal methods.
- Responsible for all recreational outing receipts.
- Represent Hope Haven and enhance recreation/leisure opportunities for individuals served.
- Collaborate with other departments of Hope Haven to provide and execute recreation/leisure and information services to families/guardians of individuals served in all programs.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing monthly recreation/outing schedules in conjunction with ICF/ID staff.
- Maintain company’s standards of confidentiality.
- Promote personal safety and safety measures among team and clients being supported. Follow all safety procedures.
- Be a TEAM PLAYER by promoting positive communication and working relationships with all team members and the community.
- Support Hope Haven’s philosophy, mission, vision, and value statements, at work and in the community.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Attend workshops/seminars/continuing education appropriate to the position, as approved by the immediate supervisor.
- Serve as a mandatory reporter as required by Iowa law to report any abuse, suspicion and/or incidents involving children and young adults served by all programs to Child Protective Services (CPS), a division of the Iowa Department of Human Services.
- Comply with Hope Haven policies and licensure/certification regulations.
- Complete daily duties/responsibilities and physical requirements according to the Direct Support Professional (DSP) Job Description.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the QIDP.
- Requires physical mobility to walk, stoop, stand, sit, push a wheelchair, and climb steps.
- Requires the physical strength to assist individuals in transferring as per Hope Haven policy.
- Requires physical strength to restrain an individual as outlined in the Mandt procedures.
- Ability to drive.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent of GED/HSED; BA degree in Human Services field preferred.
- Strongly preferred work related experience in recreation or leisure skills.
- Engage the individuals served in appropriate play and teach play skills.
- Ability to develop and implement creative art and craft projects geared to the abilities of the individuals being served.
- Willing to work shifts when needed to meet the ICF/ID ratio.
- Required to possess an Iowa Certified Medication Aide (CMA) certification. If this person does not have a CMA at hire, must successfully attain a CMA certificate within 6 months of hire or the first available CMA course.
- Good communication (verbal and written), organizational and leadership skills.
- Computer literate or have basic knowledge of computer skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to complete Hope Haven University courses and/or required orientation training and all other agency requirements.
- Valid Class C driver’s license required, unless driving a vehicle with a capacity of 8 or more, then a Class “D” license will be required and be an insurable driver with our insurance company.
- Ability to pass a health assessment at the time of hire and ability to maintain up to date health assessment as requested per regulations.
- Meet DOL standards for Light work with occasional Medium work.
- Complete training in Child/Dependent Adult Abuse Reporting within the first six months of employment and on a continuing basis as required by Iowa law and company’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to successfully complete Mandt training.
- Clearance from all applicable background checks as required by service standards.
- Negative drug screening.
- Comply with ICF/ID CMS health requirements.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Provide proof of state minimum liability insurance coverage.
If this all sounds like a good fit, you are here for a reason. Apply today. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and scheduling. And you’ll be able to put your gifts to good use, which comes with its own amazing rewards.
Apply at https://us63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/hopeh/Site/CandidatePortal/Posting/View/3519.