Director of Marketing & Activities
Storm Lake United is the voice of business in the region. As the leading community
organization, Storm Lake United advocates for issues that support commerce,
community health and the overall prosperity of the area.
United’s mission is to foster an environment that attracts new businesses, supports and
retains jobs, stimulates the economic climate and promotes quality opportunity for area
Storm Lake United’s aim is to boost the area’s economy by marketing Storm Lake and
the surrounding area as a destination for meetings, conventions and leisure travel.
Our office serves as a visitor center, supports a climate of year-round hospitality and
opportunity and helps Storm Lake and the surrounding communities enjoy the rewards
and opportunities available as a family-friendly destination.
• Schedules, organizes, and carries out all aspects of event and
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning
projects and expediting work results.
• Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail,
• Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong
• Reports to Executive Director.
• Acts as point person for communications to provide a consistent
message and vision of the organization.
• Develops and maintains marketing and communication plan among
all interested parties-includes communication pieces
(newsletter/press releases/brochures/ads/fliers etc.).
• Create and conduct new events and related marketing and
communication pieces, emphasizing the consistent vision of the
• Acts as marketing liaison with sponsors of new and existing events
• Recruits and directs the activities of volunteers needed for new and
• Administrative duties as required for event planning and office
The Storm Lake United Office is open from 8:30 – 4:30. After hours and
weekends are required if an event is taking place.
Position requires about 32 hours per week. Pay is negotiable. Benefits include
3 weeks paid time off, holidays (excluding 4th of July), and flexible/hybrid
Skills and Qualifications:
• Event Planning Skills
• Knowledge of Social Media Platforms and Advertising
• Writing Skills
• Microsoft Office Skills
• Analyzing Information
• Problem Solving
• Supply Management
• Verbal Communication
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent education required
• Past marketing & event planning experience is preferred
• Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel,
and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
• Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
To apply for this position, please send resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 712-732-3780 and ask to talk to